Hellalifted Fozzy XT【ツ】 - Subaru Forester Forums
Subaru Forester Forums
subaru gift, subaru calendar     

Go Back   Subaru Forester Forums > Lounge > Build Threads / Member Journals

Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
im so high 5racer

Default Hellalifted Fozzy XT【ツ】

Parts installed:

Braid Winrace-T Acropolis Rough Gravel Wheels 15x6.5 21.4lbs.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO Tires LT215/75R15/C 100 S 32.1lbs.
Thule MOAB Basket 690XT, 691XT extension 62" (l) by 39" (w) x 6.5" (h)
Madico 20% Tint
Cobb Access Port SUB-002 Stage 1 Tune
Cobb SF Air Cleaner 712100, Airbox 712150
Subtle Solutions 1" Strut Spacers
KYB GR2 Struts 235632,3 Front and 335020,1 Rear (for BG Legacy Outback)
King Springs KSFR-26, KSRR-25 Lifted Springs
STi Trailing Arms
OEM Forester Spoiler
STi Version 7 Hood Scoop
Perrin Outrigger Bushings

Parts soon to be installed:

STi Top Mount Intercooler
Perrin PSPINT401 Inlet Hose
Invidia Divorced Wastegate Catless 3" Downpipe
TurboXS v2 Straight Exit 3" Cat Back
Cusco Motor/Transmission Mounts
Kartboy Trans X-member Bushings
Kartboy Short Shifter, Shift Bushings
Polk Audio 6.5" 60w rms 2-way Components
Brembo Front WRX Rotors
Centric Solid Rear 00-04 Legacy Rotors
Hawk HPS Pads Front & Rear
Goodridge Stainless Braided Brake Lines
STi GD Aluminum Control Arms
OEM Forester Brush Guard
STi Version 7 Door Stickers
Samco TMIC Hose Kit
Cobb XLE BPV
Cobb 3 Port Boost Control
IHI VF-48 Turbocharger

Parts I need to find:

STi V7 TMIC Splitter
Front & Rear Strut Braces
Adjustable Lateral Links
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16151128_large.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	5  

Last edited by im so high 5racer; 04-02-2013 at 04:17 PM.
im so high 5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
im so high 5racer

The plan is to lift it with King springs off my Legacy and Subtle 1" strut spacers. I'm putting my Braids with BFG's on, window tint is also on the list.

Dealer pics;

Phase 1 of lifted complete. Tires only rub a little at full lock, I really want to head up to the mountains tomorrow.

Also, when I was under there, I found some more damage I need to repair. The exhaust is already on order, Turbo XS muffler and midpipe along with an Invidia catless divorced wastegate down pipe.

Got the basket extension on and romped through some snow. It was mostly ice but made it much better for sledding

Tint is done!

Cotm pic for your pleasure

Old 03-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
im so high 5racer

I love the difference in sound that the Cobb flash and filter made. I can hear the turbo slurping and it goes pssshhhh. I got the airbox for aesthetics but whatever performance gain it gives I'll take it.

Front half of the lift is almost done. I have to take the passenger side back off and replace one of the strut bolts because I snapped it. I love that subaru figured out that the struts should be able to be removed without bleeding the brakes, that was a relief and a half.

The Forester springs are also a little different, they get narrower at the top like a beehive so I had to swap the plates with the Legacy to fit the king springs. It almost looks like the original wheel gap now, I hated having flush bfg's

I still have to swap out the front struts but I'm not excited about compressing any more springs.

I got around to the front struts and balanced it out. I didn't even need to use the spring compressor just tightened down some huge hose clamps and jacked it up, springs were compressed just enough by the weight of the car. I started taking off the pinstripes but haven't finished yet, the headliner is coming off to dynamat the roof. Spoiler, brush guard, STi scoop and grille trim will be going in to paint as soon as I figure out the scheme I want up front. I'm thinking just painting the chrome grille surround black and leaving the center steel grey but maybe doing the whole thing black since the brush guard will have steel grey on it too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
im so high 5racer

I replaced the bent swaybar bracket but the muffler vibrates on it and makes an irritating noise at certain rpm's. I tried to put the bar back on too but there was no way it would fit with the muffler all in the way. I'm going to take the brackets back off and have them box welded while I'm waiting for the muffler to ship.

Since I was under there I stripped some nuts and replaced the trailing arms with STi pinkness. The STi lateral links are the same length so I'm looking for adjustable ones now to get the camber and toe back in line. I ordered some STi control arms to get my camber up front back to negative numbers. I have an idea to get some caster back but not sure if it will work with the bracing they put there.

I spent the day pulling apart my headliner and adding what was left of my dynamat to the roof. It's best to do smaller pieces but on large flat areas you can get away with a whole sheet more easily. to avoid air pockets and fuck-ups I go a little at a time and pull off the paper as I go. If you do leave pockets you can just poke them and press the air out, even if you make a ton of cuts it won't degrade the deadening properties as nearly much as having air underneath

A fork is the best tool for popping these little push pins

I went ahead and replaced all the shit bulbs in my domelights with led panels while they are off. The rear hatch light was the only one I couldn't fit a ton in, hopefully 12 will be enough light. I had to file down the edges to fit both panels in the map light and take out the grey plastic thing. I think over 200 led's in total should be enough light

I went to swap out the battery with my big ass deep cycle and I go to start wrenching on the tie-down but it had already been removed for me! To think my battery was just sloshing around in there this whole time :shudder: Even in the dealer pics you can see no tie-down. It's a good thing I have a Subaru parts warehouse in my shed, times like these are when I don't feel ashamed about hoarding even the cheapest parts. All other times I want to throw all this crap off a cliff.

Water main burst and I couldn't resist getting a little wet

I got the wide track control arms yesterday, hopefully they are enough to get me out of positive camber. Since I haven't sold the GC arms yet I had the opportunity for a side by side comparison. I still need to figure out what do do in the rear, I think I'll take it in for alignment after fitting the GD arms and see how much needs to be corrected back there first

DVD player came yesterday and I just finished installing it this morning. I need one more cable to plug into the back so I'm waiting to snap down the hood. I still need to get the din pockets to fill the factory stereo hole

Look what showed up today! I thought the center section was the steel grey part so the grille will definitely stay the same color. I think I'm even going to leave the trim chrome, the headlights look wrong to me without the chrome on the grille. I want to paint the center section of the brush guard though or it will be the only flat black piece on the car.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
im so high 5racer

I decided to go ahead and paint the whole brush guard and the chrome trim from the grille along with the wing and scoop. Just picked the parts up from paint and they are not flawless but came out better than I could do. Installed the scoop and grille trim and I like it

Spent today getting the spoiler mounted, out in the rain. It barely clears the basket, I'm glad I don't have to move it forward. I really like how it looks, I was worried the basket would take away from it but looks good to me.

Today was a big day but I wanted to get more done just the weather is not playing nice. First issue I addressed was the rear diff clunk. Every time I shift hard into 2nd there's a loud bang! I'm just assuming it was the loose as balls outrigger so went back in and added the poly from my Leggy to stiffen it up. Check out this $2,000 fix for a busted internal nut

After that I worked on installing the brush guard. You have to drill and cut and wreck your perfectly good bumper to install one but makes the Forester look more like a SUV instead of a wagon. I'm really glad I paint matched the entire thing, that silver was not steel grey by any means

These scratches were already there I swear to god

Now the bumper is bolted where there were no clips or anything thanks to shoddy repair work

I did a bunch more brand stickers on the wind deflector but totally forgot about the door decals. I was so caught up in getting all these missing fasteners, the grille was being held by 2 of the 7 clips it needed and the headlight trim was sticking out at the ends because the fender clips were missing. Also when I was installing the brush guard I noticed the fog lights were just snugged in there, no bolts or anything so I found some bolts and got them in firm.

I used the width of scotch tape as my standard unit of measure
Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
im so high 5racer

These are the last pictures I took before the accident. I wanted to get a better pic for the dirty car theme so I took my daughter up to the mountains to play in some snow and mud. We had a great time and got some pretty dirty car pics

So what happened was I was coming off the freeway and the offramp merges with 5th avenue. The 5th avenue traffic has stop signs to let the freeway traffic through to the stop light at 145th street. While I was exiting I noticed the car in front of me was going really slow and comes to a stop right before the merge with 5th. I got on the brakes hard and stomped the hell out of them when I noticed she was actually coming to a complete stop. Seriously inches away from her bumper I stopped too and pressed on my horn looking in the mirror and praying there wasn't another car coming. Well that prayer was unanswered but it could have been worse. Anyway, on with the pics

Old 03-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
im so high 5racer

I had to deflate the spare to get it out and what I found underneath made me sad

Allstate adjuster came out and looked at the car and said since it's so close to the 70% threshold for total that it needs to be inspected by a shop. That will be done probably on Monday so I'll know then if it's totaled or not. I really hope it isn't but there is a black XT for sale by owner in my neighborhood I'm gonna look at just in case. The only problem is it's an automatic and I would have to swap it. I'm going to buy back my car if it's totaled anyway but would rather not do all that work. Here's a copy of the adjuster's report

Body shop got it torn down yesterday and had disturbing news for me. Not only is the car absolutely totaled but they were shocked to not see a rear bumper beam installed. Apparently the state patrol inspection is so loose that you can sell a car without the most basic of safety features installed and on top of that it's perfectly legal they are free from liability simply by selling the car as is no warranty. It's hard to say that is why the car is totaled or that we wouldn't have been injured but surely the bumper beam would have offered some level of protection
Old 03-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Kevo

Wooooooo

OG status

Hope to see this get new life...
Kevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
chef05b

Wow, that blows. At least your okay, but that really sucks.
chef05b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #10
Toys-N-Joys

This was a bad ass forester.

I want a lifted turbo 03+ bad.

I wish usa had the sf turbo
Toys-N-Joys is offline   Reply With Quote