wgbm92's 98 Forester - Subaru Forester Forums
Subaru Forester Forums
subaru gift, subaru calendar     

Go Back   Subaru Forester Forums > Lounge > Build Threads / Member Journals

Old 02-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
wgbm92

Default wgbm92's 98 Forester

Hey Forester Forums, my name is Wendell, and I recently became the owner of a 98 Forester S. I previously owned a 99 Impreza, which I liked. But I felt that it didn't have enough space for my lifestyle, plus it having its share of problems made this Forester appealing for me to buy. Anyway, this is a picture of how it looked at initial purchase (bad angle, I know)

The first thing that had to be done was change the front grille from a chrome finish to black. The plastic fog light covers, the alternator belt cover and power steering reservoir top also got some touching up.

Before

After

Black Grille and fog light covers

I had a set of Legacy Outback rims in my garage with relatively new tires, so I decided to swap wheels

Just a random snapshot in a parking garage after a snowstorm

wgbm92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
wgbm92

I've always liked the look of amber corner lights. Since I couldn't find any for the SF Forester on Fleabay, I decided to make my own:

Amber corners simply weren't enough, so I painted the fogs yellow
I was feeling lazy that day and didn't want to remove the fogs from car. I also did a crappy tape job which "covered" the bumper.

This is the finished product

Old 02-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
wgbm92

The most recent mod was intermittent wipers. I hate the original wiper switch the SF Forester came with; the lowest time setting is the most annoying thing to deal with when there is little rain.

The original wiper switch

The new switch

Not the biggest mod, but definitely makes dealing with inclimate weather much easier!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
05silver

Default Where did you get the switch?

Where did you get that new switch i have a 98 forester as well and i also cant stand the wipers which other subie switches are compatible with the 98 ?
05silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #5
ACG

my Forester S premium came with those wiper stalks. I also believe the 2.5 RS imprezas did as well as the OBS.
ACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:51 AM   #6
Jodie Archer

You have a very old car. I think you should change it to a new one. And you need a new job for this. I found a great job using the write my resume on https://craftresumes.com/write-my-resume/. They know how to make your resume perfect. So you can earn a lot more. And afford such a car.
Jodie Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:37 PM   #7
Skywker51

Nice! I have a 01 Forester L. I used the wiper switch out of an Outback to get the variable speed wiper switch. Its just plug & play!
Awesome Idea on the driving lights, how are they holding up?
Skywker51 is offline   Reply With Quote