Failed software update - Subaru Forester Forums
Subaru Forester Forums
subaru gift, subaru calendar     

Go Back   Subaru Forester Forums > Technical > Technical Topics

Old 01-11-2020, 08:22 AM   #1
Forester Driver

Default Failed software update

Hi all,

I have a relatively new 2019 Forester bought about one year ago. After having much trouble with connecting with my Samsung Galaxy Note9 I tried a software update through Aha Radio app as instructed. It connected okay but then there was an interruption during the download and it failed. Now all I get is a message that reads "Software update install failed. USB was unplugged. Please insert USB and retry. System off in xxx sec." and a big RETRY button. I plug the phone in. It connects (the cable works) since the phone shows it's charging. Same message regardless of cable. Nothing I've tried works. The info center is botched right now.

Called the dealer and they told me to disconnect the battery and touch the cable ends together for about 20 seconds (so any charges in capacitors have time to bleed off), then re-connect and try again. Did that. Same message! The dealer said bring it in, they'll look, and replace the unit! I don't really want to do that as I use my phone heavily while commuting. Plus that seems really drastic.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Android Auto on my phone but with no result.

Is there any key combination of the console that will cause it to reboot or force a download of an upgrade?

Or does anyone know of a way to put a program or something on a USB finger drive to then plug in a USB port to effect the upgrade? Or must it be done through the phone?

Are there any other possible solutions I could do?

Many thanks all,
Forester Driver
Forester Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android auto, failed upgrade, software update