Brian's '98 SF build - Subaru Forester Forums
Subaru Forester Forums
subaru gift, subaru calendar     

Go Back   Subaru Forester Forums > Lounge > Build Threads / Member Journals

Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
chef05b

Default Brian's '98 SF build

What's up guys, my name is Brian (aka chef). Got my Fozzy in May of this year. It's my first Subie but not my last...

I got the Fozzy in May '12.. as soon as I saw it, I fell in love.. The main selling point (besides being a Subie) was that it was white. I've had a few dark blue cars, and one white car (this is my second) and I just love the white... I know its not a WRX or STI but I love the amount of room it has, considering I have 2 kids and that I get pretty good gas mileage... I drive about 80 miles round trip 5 days a week so that's a plus... Looking forward to more mods in the future, but for now, just need to get some maintenance done first..

From what I can tell, I'm the 3rd owner.. The car originally came from the east coast and was driven here by owner #1 then blew the engine.. Owner #2 bought it with blown motor and all, found a motor from another Forester and swapped the engines.. had it for a little while and had to sell it cause of financial difficulties, and that's how I came to own it. So far, loving the car and enjoying being a part of the Subie family.. have met lots of cool people so far and continue to meet people all the time.

So far, some of the mods done...

Exterior:
*Yakima Raptor Bike rack
*Rota Tarmac II 18" x 8"
(currently rolling on stock 16" rims painted gold, but came out looking bronze)
*ROKBLOKZ mud flaps
*Sick Speed supertone horns
*Tint
*Custom puddle lights

Interior:
*JVC single din head unit
*LED map light and dome light up grade
*Short shifter( brand unknown, installed by last owner)
*Piston style sti shift knob

Suspension/ Breaks:
*'04 WRX struts
*Tien S tech '04 WRX wagon springs
*EBC redstuff pads
*Red painted calipers
*'02 wrx 17mm rear sway bar and prothane bushings

Engine:
*DIY cold air intake (modified stock air box)
*'06 STI cat back
*Borla Replica UEL
*Custom Tsudo Axel back
Going to go all JDM as the extirior goes, headlights, tail lights power folding side mirrors, and grill.

Plans for the car are still up in the air for power.
PLAN "A": I'm thinking of keeping it N/A just do some minor bolt on stuff such as CAI, UEL Borla headers, STI cat back exhaust and high flow cats, and a crank pully, AOS.

PLAN "B" Full STI swap..

I kinda like PLAN "B" better but I think I would save that for a '03 Forester XT..

Just got it back from getting a engine rebuild just in time for Subiefest.. Right now, I've been working on maintenance.. I need to replace all bushings, radiator, and power steering pump. After that going to up grade the rear sway bar to a wrx stock sway bar and saving up for coilovers.. Then possibly sticking to PLAN "A" for power adders for now and keep it as a my daily but plans always change, that's why I have a PLAN "B"...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514_zps1a5113b3.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	4  

Last edited by chef05b; 04-27-2013 at 08:35 AM.
chef05b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
chef05b

Just picked up Borla Replica UEL header yesterday. Just waiting for my header wrap to come in before I install it. Can't wait to get my rumble on.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
builtnotboughtauto

Send a message via AIM to builtnotboughtauto

Looks good!
builtnotboughtauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
chef05b

Thanks. It will look even better when I get my Rotas painted.Im just saving up for the tires.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
chef05b

Just doing a little work on my headers. Since they are replicas, there was a little surface rust. I think they are lower grade stainless steel or something, so I sanded them down and added some black header paint. It says its a ceramic coating. I got the paint at AutoZone. Got 2 cans and did 3 coats. Now waiting for the Fuku Works header wrap I ordered. They should be here today or tomorrow. I will be installing the headers on Saturday.

Before

After

Wdnesday night meet in Ontario/Rancho area, check link:
http://www.socalsubies.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16654
Build journal:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...d.php?t=123408
Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
bonafyd

Nice,i love the subi rumble!!
bonafyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #7
chef05b

Finished wrapping my headers last night. Won't be able to install them till Saturday. It's okay, only a couple days away.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
chef05b

Installed headers yesterday, rumble isn't that noticeable with the stock STI catback as I would have liked. Going to check out the local muffler shop and see if they have a flange that would fit so I can put on my Tsudo N1 muffler and keep the STI stock mid pipe. I'm sure that will bring out the rumble that I'm looking for.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
chef05b

Went to the muffler shop wednesday and got a flange to install my tsudo axel back. Already had the pipes bent. I welded on the flange and installed it. It brought out the rumble i was looking for, but kinda of loud inside the cabin. Going to get some ensolite soon for some sound deadening and add dynamat.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #10
codya

I'm definatly tinting my windows after seeing your foz, that thing is sharp! Ive got a 99 def subscribing to this build thread lol
codya is offline   Reply With Quote