Bonafyd's Fozzie - Subaru Forester Forums
Subaru Forester Forums
subaru gift, subaru calendar     

Go Back   Subaru Forester Forums > Lounge > Build Threads / Member Journals

Old 03-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
bonafyd

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

Sup fellas?? here's my fozzie,long story short i bought the fozzie to be a backup car to my other build but this car is so much fun it turned into a build lol.

Naturally it started out stock,then i added BC coilovers.

Then a Momo wheel,jdm hazard button, grille,spoiler,shaved the rear wiper, candied the tails,HID's top & bottom & clear corner lenses.

Then i got some Hella supertones & bracket, WRX rear sway bar & whiteline endlinks & ultra racing front strutbar.

I had full exhaust system but i removed it cause my car was too low & i wanted to go lower so new stock/tucked exhaust back in.

I then picked up a set of Cosmis wheels & 215/35/18 rubber

Put the wheels on & liked the look but i still wasn't low enough.

I then ordered 10k 6" swift springs for the front.
Got the front down a tad more.

I picked up some 04-07 WRX seats,the flash make them look dirty but they look great in person & especially after i cleaned them up some more.

Current pic of the foz in the shop getting the bottom half color matched & removing all dings via paintless dent removal & then a full compound & polish.

My futer plans are new polished wheels,wrx engine & trans swap & whatever else i can come up with... Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-8.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1  
bonafyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
chef05b

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

Nice stance. I wanna get lower too, but I'm already scraping my exhaust pipe under the car over speed bumps. I guess I just have to suck it up and angle it when I get my coilovers.
chef05b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
bonafyd

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef05b View Post
Nice stance. I wanna get lower too, but I'm already scraping my exhaust pipe under the car over speed bumps. I guess I just have to suck it up and angle it when I get my coilovers.
That's what i do angle in everywhere lol..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
chef05b

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

Just how I like it, low and slow. If things go right, I should have coilovers later this year. Then next year, go to bagovers.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
bonafyd

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

Quote:
Just how I like it, low and slow. If things go right, I should have coilovers later this year. Then next year, go to bagovers.
Niiiice.. i've been debating on bagging the foz since i got it,i'm still on the fence about it
Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
chef05b

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafyd View Post
Niiiice.. i've been debating on bagging the foz since i got it,i'm still on the fence about it
Yeah, me too. I figure since I'm N/A, I'm not really going with a high HP beast so I might as well make it super slammed (at least when its parked, then when I'm driving I can raise it up so I don't scrape so much or have much trouble with speed bumps.) If you do a bagover set up, you have the best of both worlds. Performance of the coilovers and adjustability of the bags. Mine won't be for awhile though. I have other thing I wanna get done with the car first. Mainly maintenance stuff, replacing bushings and such.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
bonafyd

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

Quote:
Yeah, me too. I figure since I'm N/A, I'm not really going with a high HP beast so I might as well make it super slammed (at least when its parked, then when I'm driving I can raise it up so I don't scrape so much or have much trouble with speed bumps.) If you do a bagover set up, you have the best of both worlds. Performance of the coilovers and adjustability of the bags. Mine won't be for awhile though. I have other thing I wanna get done with the car first. Mainly maintenance stuff, replacing bushings and such.
Yeah i agree bagover is the way to go.. my last 2 cars was bagover setups.
Here's what i'm considering.
http://bagriders.com/modlab/products...ANAGEMENT.html
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
chef05b

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

That's a nice set up. I'm thinking of piecing together a custom setup. First get a set of coilovers, then replace the springs with the bag setup later on down the line. Not sure which bags I wanna get yet, but there a quiet a few that will fit.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
chef05b

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

Check out www.stanceworks.com, there's a lot of good info for air ride. I found a site to get ky custom set up, www.universalairsuspension.com.. they have everything you need to make a custom set up with the coilovers you want. I'm pretty sure you can find a company that would sell just the coilover inserts without the springs if you need them.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #10
bonafyd

Default Bonafyd's Fozzie

Got my car back from the shop..